Free RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum walk through

Go down

Forum walk through Empty Forum walk through

Post by Reqinh L Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Okay, I will be making a forum walk through and update this first post as needed with information.
I'm going to make this sound like I am talking to people that have absolutely no idea how to navigate and work a forum just to cover all the bases.
-Sensei Alois wants me to do this-
Who exactly needs help? Just reply in some manner so I can see if this might actually help someone.
It'll be a good way to figure out how to post a reply anyways.
(The reply buttons are on the top and bottom of the post on it's left side and says 'post reply' btw)
Ok I'm continuing as is and will reorganize this later.
Btw you will need patience because this isn't like *instant* messaging.
Don't get frustrated and make that make you think ill of forums.

This will include navigation of the forum's boards, threads, how to make a post, and even account set up eventually.

After logging in you come to be faced with several boards.
This boards are:
Information/Fourm Updates -has the rules/guidelines and updates.
General Chat - Just talk general and about anything to each other.
Role Play Related Chat - Where profiles and styles can be found as well as where people can display what characters they rp/can rp. It is okay to overlap with other people/rp the same character as someone else. If you don't like it, talk it out politely.
Here you can also chat/plot out rps.
Group Role Plays - Where multiple rpers can rp in one thread. All of them are open to everyone unless specifically showed otherwise. In these cases they will have 'invitation only' in their titles.
One on One Role Plays - Should be obvious.

Inside these boards are threads. These threads can also be called topics.
A good place to start would be in any general chat or rp related thread.
These places will help get yourself accustomed to traveling and replying.
Plotting a thread out to rp in is always helpful for the person making the beginning post with all the information on the rp be it group or one on one.

People, patience and corporation is key when rping. Please keep this advice in mind.
For it is not unusual to discourage people willing to help by not doing one or the other.

Now, perhaps you are wondering how to make a post even after my hasty direction to try and make one.
Okay, I should have explained before but now I will more clearly.

On the very bottom is the quick reply box to do as it name suggests.
As useful as it is, it does not give you the full options that a regular reply box can.
To get to the reply box, click the 'Post reply' button on the left hand side of the top or bottom of the thread's contents.
Beside it is the 'New topic' button that you would only use to make a new thread.

Once the post is open you will be faced with button on the top of the actual box you type in.
Hover your mouse over them to know what they do, I've already used some in this walk through.
On the right is a box full of emotes/smileys to use as well. Just click one to add it in sunny Razz lol!
Sometimes just by making a normal face like this --> ^^ It might turn into a smiley if it is set to.
Below the post are the two buttons preview and send.
It being obvious what those do, look down a little further and you will see an 'options' area.
It explains itself pretty well.
Above the text box it says 'Title of ----' Well that isn't really important unless you are a thread/topic creator like me where I could change the title of this thread by saving this post with a different title.

Now just press send to send a message once you are done with it.
Perhaps a word is spelled wrong or you want to add or take away information.
Well luckily there is an 'edit' button.
This button can be found on your post in the upper right hand corner of it by the quote button.
It will then give you full access to your post to revise it.
There will be a 'reason for editing' that you don't have to fill in. But I will this time to show how it looks likes.

The quote button is to alert the person you are quoting or just used for agreement at times.

The 'X' button is to delete your post.

If you are a topic/thread creator like I am you will be faced with another box of options below the options area.
Here it'll give you the choice to add a poll and explains how it works.

Now going back to the new topic and new reply buttons, beside it would be names that will link you back to the area there.
For example if you look at the words by this topic's buttons you will see:

Free RP :: General :: General Chat

And on the right top hand side:

Page 1 of 1 • Share • Actions

Now clicking on General chat will return you to that board and so on.

Now that we have the main navigation and usage down, shall I explain customizing your account to your preferences?

I highly doubt this part would be needed though.

Last edited by Reqinh L on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add more info)
Reqinh L
Reqinh L

Back to top Go down